Tuesday 8 May 2018

COMMUNICATION FOR OUR HOUSE

Communication was one of the most important aspects of this brief. There were so many people part of this project. From students to fashion photographers, to outsourcing workers from China. It was definitely a frustrating and difficult process keeping on top of it all. The main issue being under such a tight deadline, this puts a lot of pressure on everything coming together to deliver the final product. This is a lot more difficult to do when you are the only one personally invested in the project. I contacted a number of people in China to collate pricing and see which ones offer the cheapest offer (with the best quality) This came after I tried sourcing materials from U.K and being charged £300 more for the same materials. A lot of the people I worked with were very understanding and tried to help me the best way I could. I actually found the people I worked with in China were a lot more understanding than the people I was working with back home. The only difficulty with working with them is the time zones, so a conversation would really be a message a day. Some days I stayed up late to try and communicate with them more and quicker as my deadline was coming up. The process really highlighted the cultural differences. It also gave me a greater realization that a lot of people just do not care about your ideas.

This was a Badge company I contacted, to try and get my PVC badges printed. I ended up going with a factory in China as they offered more in quantity and less in price. 








This is another company I contacted regarding PVC labels. I think I contacted around 5-6 different companies to find a factory who could print the most for the cheapest, as well as offer the best bulk buy deals as I would look to use them in the future. What was also important someone being able to produce and distribute them as quickly as possible? So there was a definite filtering out process throughout this brief. 













No comments:

Post a Comment