Monday 7 May 2018

FINAL PACKAGING DESIGN

FINAL DESIGN 

When designing my packaging solution, certain aspects needed to be considered. To offer a high quality experience I needed specific utensils. One drawback with my packaging is I would not be able to print out labels for addresses. This would have to be hand written. I needed to find a way to create a unique packaging design that was applicable to my set up. This design successfully achieves this. 

It was inspired by Off White’s packaging concept of labelling their products. Piggy backing off current trends to make my packaging more current is an effective branding strategy. The basic principle behind this design is turning all the information you would get from the inside, on the outside in a typographically beautiful way. It is unique because I have made the content of a package the main design.


This design was informed by deeper research, which will be discussed in depth. 



FINAL SOLUTION

Through undergoing research of successful brands with innovative packaging I have created packaging that combines their ideas to produce a solution that:

-  is easy to open, with no excessive packaging. 

- well protected, so less likely to arrive damaged.

- environmentallly friendly by using recycled materials and buying from environmentally aware companies. 

- lightweight which keeps postage costs low saving me money.

- appropriate design thats sustainable for me in many different aspects especially financially.

- very modern gender neutral approach. It doesn’t lean one way or the other, and draws instant attention from viewers. This (as well as the feedback) successfully demonstrates that my packaging is relatable to my audience.

- The the design visually translates the content successfully, this is because it has a limited colour palette, which allows the packaging to be clear and succint. 


The packaging includes a clothing tag for the garment, with a colour appropriate blue string, to match the colour scheme. It also includes a printed card, the stock chosen was gloss white, 215gsm. The thickness in stock was to imply higher quality, and also fits with our style of thick clothing. 

It includes promotion of our social media page, as well as the promotion of the creative who helped make the t-shirt. This represents the community ideology Our House will establish. 




No comments:

Post a Comment