Wednesday 2 May 2018

RATIONALE STUDIO PRACTICE

This submission outlines a journal of my progression as a creative and a person. I found it interesting how this submission really works as an extension for personal professional practice for me, as I believe through the steps I have taken for this submission I gained new insights into where I want to be going forward. 

I found that some of the briefs I have done informed one another to progress to a point where I was evolving my thought processes to understand more about what I enjoy? And who I am?  Initially, the personal progression started slow. I tried a few quick briefs to boost my submission, I also worked on a few client based briefs to try to find ways in which I could immerse myself in graphic design. Although I enjoyed it,  I still was not 100%. I found what was most enjoyed was being in creative control of my work and governing the final solution to where I thought it needed to be. Although I enjoyed the professional environment, there was something missing.  I was not creating from the heart, but more from necessity. 

Creating Our House this year finally gave me the light at the end of the tunnel. I have been waiting for an idea to spark during my time at university. This is the first time in my life where I feel genuinely passionate about something. It helped me realize that the process I enjoy most about graphic design is using it as a tool to exercise my passions. This is my most effective way of working. I hope this is seen in my submission. I am not overly bothered about what it is graded, I myself find personal satisfaction in being able to distinguish the Our House briefs from the rest of my submissions, because it is visual evidence of how the quality of my work improves drastically when I finally get to exploit my passions, whilst using my design toolkit. 

This submission has really been a process of understanding what works and what does not. Although I enjoyed the majority of the briefs undergone. In particular the sustainability briefs. I find it interesting when you use graphic design for real-life meaningful purposes that can help make a difference. I find it very inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment