Wednesday 17 May 2017

LEEDS PUBLIC SPACES EVALUATION

Overall I am satisfied with the final print. It distributes all the motives I was looking for the Festival. It is a 31 year old event, so it carries a bit of a prestige, which is why a traditional look is best suited. The appropriation of context i.e; the way the design relates to Leeds and Yorkshire, whilst representing film connotations, working together to achieve a purpose behind the design with a deep rooted semantic field applied. The poster really celebrates both history and location in regards to both the city of Leeds and film. 

Feedback was important throughout this process due always having creative concerns. There was constant communication with people throughout this process to ease the decision making process on every level of the brief. 

Studying ethical practice for 02 has helped enhance this brief. Understanding ethical concepts and given more deepended purpose to my work.


As a brief screenprinting is not my best skill I should work on enhancing my skills. It is difficult sometimes due to the unreliability of the process, it can limit my skills creatively because I do not fully understand it yet, but I understand that it is an important skill to know and if excercised correctly good results would follow. So taking full advantage of the screenprinting room is a goal for next year. During this process it did spark the idea next year to start screen-printing t-shirts, which will be exciting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment