Wednesday 27 April 2016

STUDY TASK 02 - SYMBOLS

A symbol should work effectively on a range of scales and should create an iconic visual signifier for a brand. 
Using only shape and colour apply your developing understanding of pictograms and symbols to develop a visual monotone symbol to effectively communicate your given activity.
Work within the supplied grid to generate a range of potential responses before selecting the most appropriate.
Consider;
- Audience
- Scale
- Contrast
- Impact
- Clarity
      
Through exploring the Olympics pictograms, before creating a design decision I was able to gather some inspiration. I want to make it a relevant pictogram that conveys the modern approach to pictograms used in the Olympics. By doing so I will adopt the 2012 Olympic design concept.  


2012 Olympics Logo: when I first saw that this was the logo chosen for the event I was extremely surprised. However I soon realised its intent. Although I may not like this design it is still simplistic and edgy. Representing the paper cut out technique is a style I would like to bring to the pictogram as for this given activity I think it may work. 


This slick modern design will aid me in creating my very own pictogram. I like the use of negative space in removing the body in creates a nice flow to the overall design. Minimalistic yet effective. 



http://www.olympic.org/Assets/OSC%20Section/pdf/QR_sports_pictograms_of_the_olympic_summer_games_1964_2016.pdf




No comments:

Post a Comment