Sunday 17 April 2016

STUDY TASK 09 - BOOKBINDING





I learnt a lot during my book-binding lesson, I have not fully grasped the method yet and will revisit in when I come to produce my publication. I enjoying the induction, learning to create saddle-stitch, fold out, which I did not like as I did not find it to be presentable in serious toned implication. But the feel of the hard-back cover gives it a more of a book feel, rather than a flimsy design in the Japanese and saddle-stitch bindings. I think out of all the processes I want to explore the Japanese stitch further for my publication. As my theme is Japanese art so it would simply fit together well. There is also much variation it its approach, once I learn more into it, you can create complex patterns in the binding. 



No comments:

Post a Comment