Thursday 19 April 2018

EXPERIMENT II - 27 CLUB


This design was inspired by the 2015 New York Times Magazine cover. It was very striking and bold in its intent, which as a cover aids in capturing the audiences eye. I simply repositioned the purpose of the cover to the research undertaken on Brian Jones. This design works to put Brian in the spotlight and visually depicts the way Brian Jones was abandoned from The Rolling Stones. The typography used is inspired from Nazi propaganda black letter type.  The issue with standard Fraktur black letter typefaces is they are quite hard to read. I like the style of the typeface, so I wanted to stick this design but find a more legible typeface. The cabazon typeface is what I used for this design, I believe it signifies importance and power, which are themes I wanted to associate with Brian Jones and The Rolling Stones. 



No comments:

Post a Comment