Wednesday 18 April 2018

FURTHER BRAND EXPERIMENTATION OUR HOUSE






The process of designing the logo for Our House was much more difficult and strenuous then previous logo briefs. This was due to the constant reminder that I was investing a lot of money into this idea and a lot of time. With this type of industry the brand is so pivotal to it’s success. And because money was being invested there is a higher level of risk, which increases the importance of each individual stage. 



From the 73 typefaces made for our logo, I managed to narrow it down to 13. Following group feedback, I was surprised to receive such a negative response for trying to include a symbol for my brand. Many assured me that clothing and online platforms do not need to rely on a symbol. Brands like Acne Studios and Hypebeast simply adopt type and it they are still successful and have strong branding strategies.  We also came to conclusion that it was impossible to pick a preference as there was not really a clear majority vote for which logo was the strongest. I had to rely on my own intuition. 


No comments:

Post a Comment