Friday 20 April 2018

STRAWBERRY FIELDS EVALUATION

EVALUATION

This step by step procedure of how I got to my final outcome was important to my analysis. More so than usual, this is because as I was progressing through the design process, I kept on running into obstacles. This is something I was not used to, due to the fact I was getting constant feedback from my design output. Communication was so vital to this project, I was no longer working for myself, but under the constant consideration of my client. To ultimately create a design that was for neither of us but the dementia patients of Richmond Hall. This provided me with a fresh challenge I had not met yet in my 3 years of study. It was overall frustrating at times, as I do prefer creative control, but I needed to learn to work without it, and be completely at the mercy of the client. 

The ongoing design process of this brief has not been enjoable. It was my first brief undertaken where I had restriction of creative freedom, which brought interesting dilemmas. I don’t believe this type of client brief is fitting with my own creative process. I am quite stubborn as a person, which could be reflected in this process as it was sometimes difficult to let go of my own beliefs, I attempted to exert my passions and ideas as strongly as possible. What was interesting was doing this in a professional manner. 


This process was neccessary for my development as I move forward  after university. It has allowed me to understand my likes and dislikes within the industry. This is why this process has just enforced the idea more that the entreprenurial side of design is where I am best fitted too. As I have the creative freedoms I need in order to develop my best work. The working environment I faced in this process, was not ideal for me however a massive learning curve in my development as I progress from year 3 of my studies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment